Sunday, September 5, 2010

Music- the past, present, and future

Hey guys! Long time no post, eh? Sorry about that...



Anyway, I was thinking about this stuff earlier.... What's your take on it?



You know how our parents act when they hear an old song on the radio that meant something to them? And they still love that song? And they have that cheesy flash-back moment? And we, being teenagers, groan and flush with embarrassment. >.< (Note: Sine the discovery of a 24/7 Bruce Springsteen radio station, this has been happening to me a lot.) I was thinking: will we have that moment? With the way music is going, maybe not. Between the stuck-up, Disney-ified pop stars and the rappers, where all they seem to do is talk about sex, pot, and getting drunk. (Don't even get me started on Ke$ha.) Seriously. I was at a party today where the host was forced to stop playing Journey and play (and this I quote; not my words in the least) "some real music, like Ludacris or something."



I know, there is hope. But seriously. Music is an art. It's been turned into a trash can. Let's change it back.

Luh-ve yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment